If you do not receive the update from the settings, this way you will be able to have your Samsung Galaxy updated to Android 14.
Android 14 has just arrived in Spain through One UI 6 on Samsung Galaxy phones. The first to receive this new firmware are the Galaxy S23, S23+ and S3 Ultra . The free Galaxy phones already have the update from the settings, but those who have these phones through the operators seem to have to wait a few days. There is a way to update the mobile phone to force its installation.
Precisely One UI 6 is available today in its final version in Spain, France, Belgium, Finland, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Romania . The update, if one comes from the last beta, weighs 350 Mb, but for those who update from One UI 5.1 it has a weight of 3 GB.
Among all the new features included in One UI 6 with Android 14, the improvements in the camera app clearly stand out (shortcuts to 12, 50 or 200 Mpx), selection of objects or people in photos to convert them into stickers or improvements in the apps to edit photos or video.
Samsung has published this update so that some users can now install it, but there are many others who have to wait for the operators to give the go-ahead so that it can be downloaded from the settings. The best of all is that through Samsung’s Smart Switch the update is already present.
In EL ESPAÑOL – El Androide Libre the update has been downloaded with Orange as the operator , so it is an option that can be applied to other operators as well as for the rest of the Galaxy S23 series. This is how you can easily download and install the update in a matter of minutes.
How to download One UI 6
- Smart Switch is first installed from the Google Play Store .
- You also have to install it on Windowsor Mac OS .
- Now you can connect the mobile phone to the PC with the USB cable; If permissions have not been given before on the mobile, grant them so that you can access the files.
- The Smart Switch app opens on the PC.
- It should now appear, just below the two Smart Switch options, that an update is available.
- Click on the same update text and the mobile will be updated.
- As Smart Switch warns, you do not have to disconnect the USB cable or use the devicewhile it is updating.
- The download takes up 10 GB.
Samsung shows how to update the Galaxy software from its website (it is in English), since this tool also serves to transfer all the data from one mobile to another, or even take advantage of that infinite space in the cloud to make backup copies before of going through a new mobile phone .
An update that brings with it new experiences, details such as the ability to move the location clock on the lock screen, the new slow motion tool or even the ability to remove fingers when taking a photo of a document and it appears completely clean .