The new ChromeOS experience is now available through the open beta for all users, and some new features can now be tested.
Google recently introduced Chromebook Plus , a new category of these devices that ensures greater performance and better minimum features . Furthermore, along with this name, new functions also come to computers.
The best thing about this is that the new software that will arrive with these new computers are also compatible with some of the Chromebooks that have come out in the last year , and these will also be able to enjoy the new implementations, which boast artificial intelligence.
In addition, these new features would arrive this month, on October 17. It will be with Chrome OS version 118 , so the device will have to be updated to test them. However, these new features are already in the beta version, so anyone can have a little contact with them.
Google established a series of minimum requirements so that computers with ChromeOS could enjoy the Chromebook Plus experience . Among these requirements are having an AMD or Intel processor, launched from 2022, as well as having 128 GB of internal storage, among others.
To be able to enjoy ChromeOS 118 before the stable update arrives, you just have to sign up for the beta. To do this, you just have to open the Settings app, click on the About Chrome OS button, select Additional details and click on the Change channel button . After this, just select the beta button, and the download should be available. Compatible ChromeOS devices are as follows:
- Acer Chromebook Spin 514 (CP514-3H, CP514-3HH, CP514-3WH)
- Acer Chromebook Spin 714 (CP714-1WN, CP714-2W, CP714-2WN)
- Acer Chromebook 516GE (CBG516-1H)
- Acer Chromebook Vero 514 (CBV514-1H, CBV514-1HT)
- ASUS Chromebook CM34 Flip (CM3401)
- ASUS Chromebook Flip CX5 (CX5601)
- Dell Latitude 5430 Chromebook
- HP Chromebook 15.6
- HP Chromebook x360
- HP Dragonfly Pro Chromebook
- HP Elite Dragonfly Chromebook
- HP Elite c640 Chromebook G3
- HP Elite c645 G2 Chromebook
- Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i Chromebook
- Lenovo Slim 3i Chromebook
- Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i Chromebook
- Lenovo ThinkPad C14 Chromebook
- Lenovo 5i Chromebook
- Lenovo IdeaPad 5i Chromebook
- Lenovo 14e Chromebook 3rd Generation
According to TechCrunch, after carrying out the update, turning on the computer again, a notice will appear indicating that it has been updated to Chromebook Plus, something that will allow you to test many of its new features before the arrival of the stable version. Keep in mind that some artificial intelligence functions such as the creation of personalized wallpapers have not yet officially arrived , since these are Google functions announced for future updates.