The Honor 90, a mid-range smartphone, aims to establish itself in the highly competitive price segment of mobile devices priced under 600 euros. In this review, you’ll discover that it brings several strong features to the table, making it a worthy contender against its rivals.
Honor 90 Price and Release Date: The Honor 90 is available on the manufacturer’s website with a recommended price of €599.90. However, it’s often found for around €500 from various online retailers. It’s offered in a single configuration with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage, and it comes in three colors: black, green, and silver, with the latter exclusively available on the Honor website.
In conclusion, the Honor 90 presents a compelling package for those seeking a mid-range smartphone with excellent design, a vibrant OLED screen, powerful performance, and generous RAM and storage. However, it does have some drawbacks, such as the absence of a charger, limitations in low-light photography, and a relatively short window for Android updates. Nonetheless, its competitive pricing and strong features make it a device worth considering in the sub-600 euro smartphone market.
|User interface||MagicOS 7.1|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1|
|Number of cores||8|
|Graphics chip||Qualcomm Adreno 644|
|Memory card support||No|
|Unlocking||Fingerprints, Facial recognition|
|Wi-Fi standard||Wi-Fi 802.11 n/ac, Wi-Fi 802.11a, Wi-Fi 802.11b, Wi-Fi 802.11g, Wi-Fi 802.11ax|
|Bluetooth standard||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Infra-red support (IrDA)||No|
|USB connector type||USB Type-C|
|USB Host Compatibility||Yes|
|AUTONOMY & CHARGING|
|Versatile autonomy||7:30 p.m.|
|Battery life in video streaming||2:50 p.m.|
|Loading time||2h 14m|
|Screen resolution||435 dpi|
|5G network compatible||Yes|
|Main photo sensor||200 MP|
|Second photo sensor||12 MP|
|Third photo sensor||2 MP|
|Definition of video recording (main)||3840 x 2160|
|Definition of video recording (facade)||3840 x 2160|
|Front photo sensor 1||50 MP|
|Geekbench 6 Single-Core Score||1105 pts|
|Geekbench 6 Multi-Core Score||3189 pts|
|Geekbench 6 Compute Score (GPU)||2278 pts|
- Very Neat Design: The Honor 90 boasts an appealing and well-crafted design that is sure to catch the eye.
- Excellent OLED Screen: Its OLED screen delivers vibrant colors and sharp visuals, enhancing the overall viewing experience.
- Great Performance: The phone offers impressive performance, allowing for smooth multitasking and seamless usage.
- Ample RAM and Storage: With 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage, the Honor 90 ensures you have plenty of space and memory for apps, files, and data.
- Daytime Photos and Selfies: The camera performs exceptionally well during daylight, capturing high-quality photos and selfies.
- Fast Charging: The device supports fast charging, which is a valuable feature for those who need quick top-ups on the go.
- No Charger in the Box: One drawback is the absence of a charger in the box, which is a common trend in recent smartphones.
- Night Photos and Portrait Mode: The camera’s performance in low-light conditions and portrait mode might not meet the high standards set by some competitors.
- Pre-installed Apps: The phone comes with a substantial amount of pre-installed apps, which may not be to everyone’s liking.
- Single Speaker: Having only one speaker may limit the audio quality and stereo experience.
- No Waterproof Certification: Unlike some other devices in its class, the Honor 90 lacks an official waterproof certification.
- Limited Android Updates: The device offers only two years of Android updates, which may disappoint users looking for long-term software support.
Since 2021, Honor has been striving to establish itself in the market, leveraging the absence of Huawei and Oppo to gain a foothold among major players. Following the success of the high-end Magic 5 Pro, the brand returns with the Honor 90, which we’ve had the opportunity to test during the summer.
Priced between 500 and 600 euros, depending on the retailer, the Honor 90 competes with devices like the Google Pixel 7, Samsung Galaxy A54 5G, and Xiaomi 12T Pro. How does it differentiate itself in this competitive mid-range segment? Let’s explore in this review.