The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 5G is positioned as an affordable smartphone below the 300 euros mark, a segment where the Chinese brand has consistently excelled. In this 2023 version, we’ll examine whether Xiaomi continues its tradition of offering excellent value for money.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 5G is available in a single variant, featuring 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. While it shares many technical specifications with its 4G counterpart, it stands out with a 48 MP primary camera module and an integrated Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 chip.
The Redmi Note 12 5G inherits the challenging task of succeeding the highly regarded Redmi Note 11, which was renowned for its exceptional value for money. This new version comes in two variants: 4G and 5G, and we had the opportunity to test the 5G variant to provide you with our assessment of one of Xiaomi’s most budget-friendly smartphones.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 5G Price and Release Date:
Launched with a recommended price of €299, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 5G is now available on the brand’s official website for €269.90. However, you can often find it at even lower prices from various online retailers. It’s crucial to ensure you’re purchasing the correct version, as both 4G and 5G variants exist to prevent any confusion.
In summary, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 5G continues Xiaomi’s tradition of offering value-oriented smartphones at an affordable price point. It stands out with its high-quality OLED screen and respectable performance. However, there are some limitations, such as a mono speaker, average photo quality, interface slowdowns, and potential concerns regarding software updates. Nonetheless, for those seeking a budget-friendly 5G smartphone, the Redmi Note 12 5G is worth considering, especially given its competitive pricing in the sub-300 euros market segment.
|User interface||MIUI 14|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1|
|Number of cores||8|
|Graphics chip||Qualcomm Adreno 619|
|Memory card support||Yes|
|Type of cards supported||MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC|
|DAS index||0.68 W/kg|
|Protection index (watertightness)||IP52|
|Unlocking||Fingerprints, Facial recognition|
|Repairability index||7.6 pts|
|Bluetooth standard||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Infra-red support (IrDA)||Yes|
|USB connector type||USB Type-C|
|AUTONOMY & CHARGING|
|Versatile autonomy||8:52 p.m.|
|Battery life in video streaming||4:26 p.m.|
|Loading time||1 hour 8 minutes|
|Screen resolution||395 dpi|
|GSM bands||850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz|
|5G network compatible||Yes|
|Main photo sensor||48 MP|
|Second photo sensor||8 MP|
|Third photo sensor||2 MP|
|Front photo sensor 1||13 MP|
|Geekbench 6 Single-Core Score||848 pts|
|Geekbench 6 Multi-Core Score||2055 pts|
|Geekbench 6 Compute Score (GPU)||1173 pts|
- Quality 120 Hz OLED Screen: The Redmi Note 12 5G impresses with its high-quality 120 Hz OLED screen, providing smooth visuals and vibrant colors.
- Correct Performance: The phone offers decent performance, suitable for everyday tasks and multitasking.
- Good Battery Life and Fast Charging: It boasts good battery life and supports fast charging, ensuring your device stays powered up without extended downtime.
- Dual nanoSIM, microSD, Mini-Jack: The Redmi Note 12 5G offers versatility with support for dual nanoSIM cards, expandable storage via microSD, and a cherished headphone jack.
- Mono Speaker: The device comes with a single speaker, which may limit audio quality and stereo experience.
- General Photo Quality: The overall photo quality may not meet the expectations set by more premium smartphones.
- Slowdowns in the Interface: Users might encounter slowdowns and hiccups in the device’s interface, affecting the overall user experience.
- Software Updates: The Redmi Note 12 5G ships with Android 12, and updates to Android 14 or beyond might not be guaranteed, potentially limiting long-term software support.