When browsing the Internet at home, it is possible that we do not take this factor into account, but the truth is that, if we have fiber optics at home, we will have to know how to take care of it correctly the cable that is connected to the router to avoid having problems with the connection to the network.
Surely, the technician has already warned you that the thinnest cable that is connected to the router is the most delicate and, therefore, it will not be necessary to force it and take care of it so that it does not give us problems. However, it is also possible that you were not aware of this, so it is important to know how to take care of fiber optic cable.
Tips to take care of the fiber cable
Beyond having placed the router in the correct position, the truth is that, if we want to avoid having connection problems in the future, it is important to know what care we must give to the fiber optic cable that is connected to the equipment. . And it is that, if we do not take these factors into account, it is likely that it will be damaged or we will begin to suffer disconnections. Therefore, with these simple recommendations, we can enjoy a good internet connection and wifi:
- Do not double or prison the fiber cable that goes to the router with furniture or any other object in order to hide it.
- It is important that do not place heavy objects over the wire.
- Check that at all times that the fiber cable not within the reach of your pets. In this way you can prevent them from biting or playing with it and ending up breaking it.
- You will have to prevent the cable from being pulled.
In addition, the ideal at all times is that the angle at which it connects the fiber optic cable to the router is not pronounced. And, as we mentioned before, we will not have to fold it at any time. More than anything, because it can be damaged and we will have to replace it if it breaks or starts to cause problems with the Internet connection.
Be careful with the router
Not only should we pay attention to the fiber cable itself, but it is also important to know keep the router in good condition. Basically because this equipment is also part of the whole set that we need to be able to connect to the Internet. Therefore, the following tips should be taken into account:
- Move the router away from heat sources. Ideally, it should be in a dry place, away from other devices.
- Avoid covering equipment with other objects, since they can generate service interruptions.
- Don’t pull their wiressince you could damage them.
- If the router was installed by a technician, it is better not to change its position.
- clean the router from time to time so that it does not accumulate dirt and dust carefully. A cloth will suffice. This will prevent it from clogging the cooling channels.
With this series of recommendations we will be able to keep not only the device in good condition, but also the Internet connection that it provides us. Well, believe it or not, these tips will help us to have at all times with best internet connection.