2021 is drawing to a close . We are at the gates of December, Christmas and the long-awaited holidays after a November that has been full of events, such as Black Friday or the Xataka Orange Awards 2021 . It has also been a month full of analysis and the variety has been the usual: mobile phones, laptops, robot vacuum cleaners and even processors.
This month we have had the opportunity to analyze, among many other devices, the 16-inch Macbook Pro, the Google Pixel 6 and the latest from Intel in processors. We summarize it all here with his notes and videos so that you can review them at a glance.
MacBook Pro 16 – 9,25
The generation of notebooks with Apple’s own SoC has taken a giant step forward with the MacBook Pros . The 16-inch model, with its Apple M1 Max, is a show of raw power and efficiency , offers a very good screen and brings back the important ports in exchange for losing the TouchBar, which now goes down in history. All of this, of course, comes at a price.
- What Apple has achieved with the M1 Max in terms of performance, consumption and noise in operation of the equipment
- Bright, high-quality display
- Return of basic ports
- High price in the best configurations
- Less attractive design than the previous generation
- Notch not including FaceID
Google Pixel 6 – 9,1
Google’s latest smartphone, the Pixel 6 , has managed to dazzle in the photographic section . It is one of the best cameras that we can find in a smartphone. It also stands out for its autonomy and its sense of quality, although the performance of the Google Tensor (Google’s own SoC) is not quite up to par.
Google Pixel 6 – Unlocked 5G Android Smartphone with 50 Megapixel Camera and Wide Angle Lens – 128GB – Stormy Black
- The camera is superlative: photos are usually excellent, even at night.
- Very good autonomy.
- Solid, robust and with a great feeling of quality.
- The screen bezels are generous.
- The Google Tensor does not measure up to the high-end in peak performance.
- Glare can spoil photos taken against the light.
This month we also had the opportunity to analyze one of Xiaomi’s latest flagships, the Xiaomi 11T . A device that has surprised us in design, screen and performance , but has room for improvement in the camera and in the software, which still seems to be far from being completely polished.
Xiaomi 11T 5G – Smartphone 8 + 128 GB, 6.67 “AMOLED flat DotDisplay 120 Hz, MediaTek Dimensity 1200-Ultra, 108 MP PRO camera, 5000 mAh, Moonlight White (ES Version)
- Personalization by flag in the software
- Stereo sound and refresh rate up to 120 Hz
- Good autonomy even at 120 Hz
- MIUI seems to be half finished in terms of fluency
- The photograph is below expectations
- A pity that it gets dirty so easily
Realme Book – 8.6
This month we also had the opportunity to review Realme’s first laptop , the Realme Book . A device with an Intel i5-1135G7 processor, a 14-inch IPS screen and a price that starts at 599 euros. It is a laptop that, without being the best on the market, shows that the market for low-cost laptops is more interesting than ever.
- Careful design and finish
- Good quality 2K display
- Keyboard and touchpad
- Data sheet somewhat fair for its price
- Short autonomy for those who use it at work
- Limited connectivity
Realme GT Neo 2 – 8.5
Double serving of Realme this month. Not only have we tested its first laptop, but its latest affordable high-end , the Realme GT Neo 2 , has also passed our hands . It is a fairly round mobile in all aspects that only sins in the performance of the camera. However, for 400 euros it is a more than safe bet.
realme GT Neo 2 Smartphone Free, Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G Processor, 120 Hz AMOLED E4 Screen, 65W SuperDart Charge, 64 MP AI Triple Camera, Dual Sim, NFC, 8GB + 128GB, Neo Black
- The construction is exquisite, despite the plastic
- The performance is simply spectacular
- Fast charging (at least in the short term) is amazing.
- The cameras are more typical of a low-mid-range mobile than of this set
- A little more bass in the sound would have been the icing on the cake
LG Ultra 15 – 8.3
Without having the most striking design in the world, the LG Ultra 15-inch is a laptop focused on balance and offering good autonomy, connectivity and performance. However, it has some aspects of improvement in the keyboard (it is great, but it could have been used better) and in the sound, which we have not finished falling in love with.
LG Ultra 15U70P-J.AA78B Intel Core i7-1165G7/16GB/512GB SSD/GTX 1650 Ti/15.6″
- Wide and varied connectivity
- Correct autonomy
- Good balance between power and features
- There was room to offer more than just a numeric keypad
- Flat sound for a team of this size
- Basic layout
Fitbit Charge 5 – 8,3
The Fitbit Charge 5 is the latest measuring bracelet from Fitbit . We have analyzed it in depth and the truth is that we liked it a lot. It is comfortable, it is beautiful, the screen has improved a lot and its power in terms of health monitoring is good, although it has shortcomings like the music player. It also requires a subscription to better understand all our health parameters.
Fitbit Charge 5 Activity tracker with 6 months of Premium service included, up to 7 days of battery and function, Daily recovery level
- The jump to the AMOLED screen is appreciated.
- Despite being large, it is comfortable.
- Measurements are accurate.
- To get the most out of it, you need a subscription.
- It does not allow you to control music playback.
- Several interesting functions, such as the ECG, are not available out of the box.
Realme 8i – 7.95
The third Realme device that has passed through our hands in November has been the Realme 8i , a very competitive 200-euro terminal . For its price, it has remarkable performance and outstanding autonomy, as well as a main camera that has left us with a good taste in our mouths. Without being the best mobile, it is one of the greatest exponents in this price range.
realme 8i – Free Smartphone (6.6 “120 Hz fluid screen, 4GB RAM + 128GB Storage, MediaTek Helio G95, 50 MP AI triple camera, 5000 mAh battery, Dual SIM) Stellar Purple
- Realme knows how to harness every mAh of its batteries.
- The processor performs better than expected and the 6GB helps a lot.
- The main camera is a good camera.
- The main camera is a good camera, but the macro camera adds little to nothing to the experience.
- The rear is a real fingerprint catcher.
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro – 7,5
There has also been room to analyze headphones in November and, curiously, the ones we have analyzed have turned out to be quite a surprise . Soundcore, an Anker brand, may not sound as loud as Sony, Technics or Bose, but it certainly has managed to surprise us with its Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro . They are headphones for around 100 euros with a very good performance, one of the best in their price range.
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Headphones, Targeted Active Noise Cancellation, PureNote Technology, 6 Microphones, 26 hr Playtime, Hear ID, Wireless Charging
- The quality / price ratio is outstanding.
- Noise cancellation is surprisingly good.
- The autonomy is enough to get the day.
- It would have been nice if the upload completed faster.
- The transparency mode does not work as well as we would have liked.
- The app does not show the remaining battery in the case.
Samsung Odyssey neo G9 49″
The Samsung Odyssey neo G9 49 ” is one of those monitors that fall in love . It is a 49-inch curved monitor with 32: 9 aspect ratio and impressive miniLED technology. It is ideal for work, but also it is ideal for playing thanks to its 240 Hz of refresh rate and its compatibility with HDMI 2.1 It is as spectacular as its price, without a doubt.
Samsung LC49G93TSSUXEN Odyssey G9 – Monitor curvo de 49” DQHD (5120 x 1440p, 1 ms, 240 Hz, GSync, FreeSync Premium Pro, LED, HDR1000, 32:9, 420 cd/m², 1000R, HDMI, PBP, PIP) Blanco
The D-Link COVR-X1862 starter pack , consisting of two WiFi Mesh network extensions with WiFi 6, has also passed through our analysis table. It is a compact and elegant device that, even having aspects of improvement, such as the separation of networks or more Ethernet ports, offers a stable and complete solution to bring the network to all corners of the house.
D-Link COVR-X1862, pack 2 WiFi Mesh network extenders up to 420m2, WiFi-6, AX1800 Mbps, 2p Gigabit, router and extender modes (works with any router / operator), mesh wifi, WPA3, parental control
Intel Core i9-12990K y Core i5-12600 ‘Alder Lake’
Intel has hit the accelerator hard. Its latest processors, the Intel Core i9-12900K and Core i5-12600K ‘Alder Lake’ , are two full- blown beasts, whether for gaming or for production. From an overall performance standpoint it ‘s hard to cough up the Core i9-12900K and Core i5-12600K .
Intel Core i9-12900K 5.2 GHz
Intel Core i5-12600K 4.9 GHz
Rowenta X-Plorer Serie 75 Total Care
This month we have also left the floor very clean with the Rowenta X-Plorer Series 75 Total Care , a high-end robot vacuum cleaner at a relatively moderate price that stands out for having good navigation, solvent aspiration, more than enough autonomy figures , a useful and intuitive application.
Rowenta X-Plorer Robot Vacuum Cleaner 75 Series RR7687 | High precision navigation | Allergy kit | Animal Care Model | 4 in 1 cleaning | Compatible with Smartphone and Voice | 150 m² | White color
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max
Hands down, the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max is the best Fire TV Stick to date . It is a very complete, powerful multimedia player, compatible with Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Atmos and 7.1 surround sound that, in addition, has been completed with WiFi 6.