If you follow us on a daily basis, then you’ve probably noticed that in addition to keeping you informed, we’re always trying to add more knowledge to your everyday life, with tips and tutorials so you can get the most out of your devices and apps.
Today, continuing this routine, we present another tip; this time, for Google Photos users! Check below how to apply filters to your videos using the search giant’s cloud storage platform.
Regarded as one of the best tools for storing photos and videos, Google Photos also provides a very complete set of editing tools for stored memories.
In addition to being able to stabilize your videos with just a few taps – as we explained in our other tutorial, the platform also allows its users to apply filters and corrections to the footage. The whole process works very similarly to editing photos on the platform. Check it out below.
- With Google Photos open on your device, access the video you would like to edit;
- During video playback, tap on the screen to reveal the options;
- Tap on the “To edit” located at the bottom center of the screen.
- Now, slide the options menu located below the video to the right until you reach “Adjust”. First, we’ll deal with corrections;
- In this option you can apply the corrections you deem necessary, changing parameters such as “Brightness”, “Contrast”, “Saturation”, “Warmth” etc.
- Slide the settings menu sideways and find the parameter you would like to change;
- Tap on it and slide the value to the desired point;
- Once set, tap “Concluded”. Do the same for all desired parameters, applying the necessary corrections.
- Parameters that have been tweaked will be flagged.
- Now, let’s apply the filters. Slide to the option of “Filters” in the menu located below the video;
- Swipe between the available filters by tapping on the ones you find interesting to see the result;
- Tap a second time on a filter to adjust its intensity. Tap “Concluded” to set the chosen intensity;
- If you don’t like any of the filters, tap “None”.
- With all edits ready, tap “save copy” to create a new file. The original video, without corrections and filters, will be kept;
- The newly edited video will appear next to the original in your gallery.
That’s it, you’ve learned a little more about how to edit your videos on Google Photos! Navigate between the tools available on the tabs to discover all the platform’s editing possibilities.
class=”darkreader darkreader–sync” media=”screen” >