Apple just announced a new feature for the US on Tuesday called “Shop with an Apple Video Specialist” that allows customers to buy an iPhone through a video call with an Apple specialist.
This new shopping option offers a more secure and personalized experience for consumers at a time when many people prefer to avoid physical stores due to the pandemic.
Apple’s Director of Online Retail, Karen RasmussenI affirm that:
“They are constantly innovating to provide a more personalized experience for their customers and that this feature will allow them to connect with customers and provide exceptional service while they discover which iPhone is best for them.”
In this article, we’ll explore how this new Apple shopping feature works, its benefits and potential drawbacks, and how it could affect the future of retail shopping.
Operation of Buying with a specialist via video call.
The new Shop with a Specialist feature is available on Apple’s iPhone buying page online.
When a customer chooses to purchase an iPhone, they have the option to select this new feature. After selecting it, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment with an Apple specialist.
At the time of the appointment, the customer will receive a video call from an Apple specialist, who will guide them through the iPhone purchase process.
During the video call, the Apple specialist can answer questions, provide information about iPhone features and specifications, help the customer choose the right model, and complete the transaction.
The option “Buy with a specialist” for now will only be used in the US every day on Apple’s iPhone shopping page from 7 am to 7 pm Pacific time.
Customers can access it by clicking on the URL “Ask an iPhone specialist“.
During the session, an Apple team member will share their screen on the camera, but they won’t be able to see the customer.
If customers are unable to access a session or attempt to access it outside of business hours, they can reach a specialist via phone or chat 24 hours a day.
Once the purchase is complete, the iPhone is shipped directly to the customer. The customer can also choose to pick it up at an Apple retail store if desired.
Benefits of Shopping with a Video Specialist at Apple.
The video call shopping feature has several benefits for Apple customers.
- It offers a personalized and tailored experience, since an Apple specialist can answer specific questions and provide personalized recommendations. This can be especially helpful for customers who aren’t sure which iPhone model to buy or have questions about how to use certain features.
- The feature is a safer and more convenient option for those customers who prefer to avoid physical stores due to the pandemic. By allowing customers to buy an iPhone without going to a store, Apple is making the shopping experience safer and more accessible for everyone.
- The innovative feature can save customers time and energy. Instead of having to navigate the online purchase page and try to figure out which model is right for you, an Apple specialist can provide specific information and help the customer make a more informed and faster decision.
Let’s talk about the cons of shopping with a video specialist at Apple.
While there are many benefits to the shop with a specialist feature, there are potential downsides to consider as well.
- Firstly, some customers may feel that they are missing out on the experience of shopping in a physical store, since they cannot see and touch the iPhone before buying it.
- Second, the feature may not be suitable for customers who prefer to shop online without interacting with a store representative. Although the Apple specialist is there to help, some people may feel that their privacy is compromised during a video call.
- Third, it is only available for purchase for iPhones, limiting Apple’s product range, which may be inconvenient for those customers who are interested in other company products.
How could it affect the future of retail shopping?
Apple’s introduction of the shop with a specialist feature over video calls is yet another example of how the pandemic is changing the way businesses interact with their customers.
With many people concerned about safety and health, the option to shop by video call can be an attractive way to buy products without having to go to a physical store.
In addition, this feature can also be a way to improve the customer shopping experience and make it more personalized and accessible.
By providing an Apple specialist to guide customers through the buying process, Apple is creating a more engaging and unique shopping experience that can attract more customers.
Ultimately, the functionBuy with a specialist by video” could have a significant impact on the future of retail shopping.
As more businesses adopt online and video call shopping options, we may see fewer physical stores in the future as businesses adapt to new shopping trends.
Shop with a video specialist at Apple.
In short, the functionBuy with a specialist by video” from Apple is a new way to shop for iPhones in a safe, personalized and convenient way.
Although it has several benefits, there are also possible disadvantages to consider, and let’s hope that this innovation is available in more parts of the world and not just for the purchase of an iPhone.
Ultimately, this feature may be an indication of how companies are adapting the way they interact with customers in response to the pandemic and new online shopping trends.