Update (01/13/23) – JB
Samsung has started rolling out the January security patch for devices from the Galaxy S22 line that have an Exynos processor. The news was confirmed after options with Snapdragon won the update in the US.
According to those who already had access to the package, it is being distributed in several countries in Europe, and it carries the numbering S90xBXXS2BWA2.
Broadly speaking, the update fixes a number of security issues found in Android 13 as well as the proprietary One UI 5.0 interface. That is, there are no new features.
Anyway, rumors indicate that the January package will be the last update before the release of One UI 5.1 for the Galaxy S22 line, something not yet confirmed by Samsung.
Original text (01/06/23)
Samsung releases update with January package for Galaxy S22 line
Samsung has started rolling out the January security patch for the Galaxy S22 line in the US. The news was confirmed by several users this Friday morning.
According to those who have already had access to the update, it brings firmware version S90xU1UES2BVL4 and delivers a series of fixes for security issues found in Android 13 itself.
In addition, the update still brings minor stability tweaks to the Samsung interface, in addition to fixing One UI 5.0 security issues on the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra.
For now, the update is rolling out slowly and gradually. So, we emphasize that it may take a little longer for you to receive this update on your smartphone here in Europe.
Anyway, if you want to check availability, the path is simple:
Settings > Software Updates > Download and Install
It should be remembered that Samsung has also distributed the January security package to other devices, including more affordable options like the Galaxy A10.
- 6.8 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X display
- Quad HD+ resolution (3080 x 1440)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Platform or Exynos 2200
- 8 or 12 GB of RAM memory
- 128, 256 or 512 GB of internal storage
- 5G support
- IP68 certified to resist liquids and dust
- 40 MP front camera (f/2.2; PD)
- Quad rear camera:
- 108 MP main sensor (f/1.8; PD), with OIS
- 12 MP ultrawide sensor (f/2.2; Dual Pixel AF)
- 1 10 MP telephoto sensor (f/2.4; Dual Pixel AF), with 3x optical zoom and OIS
- 10 MP telephoto sensor 2 (f/4.9; Dual Pixel AF), with 10x optical zoom and OIS
- 5,000 mAh battery
- Support 45W fast charging
- Dimensions: 77.9 x 163.3 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 229 grams
- Android 13 under One UI 5 custom interface
- Built-in S Pen