Motorola officially launched its new Edge 40 Pro in early April, preceded by many rumors, but the Motorola Edge 40 is still missing, the “basic” version which will probably be joined in the future by other lower-end versions. Also of this Edge 40 many rumors about the technical characteristics have circulated so far but a possible presentation date is still missing which, probably, will take place at the same time or will be subsequent to the announcement of the MediaTek’s new Dimension 8020 processor.
THE GEEKBENCH TEST
Waiting to know something more, the Motorola Edge 40 has also made an appearance in the Geekbench database where has scored 1,105 and 3,542 pointsin single and multi-core tests, respectively.
The test carried out on GeekBench
The unit tested on GeekBench is based on Android 13, ha 8GB of built-in RAM and has a MediTek processor identified by the acronym MT6891Z_Z/CZAan octa core with four cores at 2 GHz and four at 2.6 GHz. The processor code is very similar to the MT6891Z/CZA which identifies the Dimensity 1100, also from MediaTek, again equipped with four cores at 2 GHz and four at 2.6GHz.
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR
According to the rumors leaked so far, the Motorola Edge 40 will be available in four color variantsi – Lunar Blue, Nebula Green, Eclipse Black, Magenta – and will be equipped with a 6.55-inch pOLED display with Full HD + resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate and a maximum brightness of 1,200 nits, 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM, 128 o 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage and IP68 certification.
On the back, there will be a dual camera with 50 megapixel main sensorf / 1.4 aperture and OIS flanked by a 13 megapixel ultra wide angle and a 32 megapixel front. To complete the technical sheet, a 4,400mAh battery with 68W wired charging and wireless at 15 watts, fingerprint reader integrated in the display, support for 5G networks, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2 and assisted GPS with Glonass and Galileo.
TECHNICAL SHEET (ASSUED)
- display: 6.55-inch pOLED, Full HD+ (402 ppi), 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, up to 1,200 nits max brightness
- chip: MediaTek Dimension 8020
- memories: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128 or 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- main rear: 50 MP f/1.4 with OIS
- ultra wide rear: 13 MP f/2.2, FOV 120 degrees
- front: 32MP f/2.4
- resistence IP68
- audio: 2x stereo speakers, 3x microphones
- unlock: in-display fingerprint reader
- connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, USB-C
- drums: 4,400mAh
- recharge: Wired at 68 watts, wireless at 15 watts
- system operating: Android 13
- size And weight: 158.4 x 72 x 7.49/7.58 and 167/171 grams depending on the back cover chosen
- colors: Lunar Blue, Nebula Green, Eclipse Black, Magenta.