During an event held in China, Honor announced its new folding Magic Vs, successor of the Magic V launched at the beginning of 2022 of which it retains some characteristics but is enriched with other decidedly interesting ones including the support for a nib and a hinge without gears which makes opening the device even softer.
Honor Magic Vs has an external screen support structure made of magnesium alloy which reduces the weight by 34% while ensuring high strength. The internal part is made of titanium alloy which allows you to have 20% less weight than the previous generation. There glass back shell it is characterized by a particular 3D texture and there are four colors available including an orange one in vegan leather. The weight is only 261 grams for the version in vegan leather e 267 grams for the glass version.
The zipper has definitely been simplified using only 4 components and no gear type allowing you to obtain a more fluid movement both in opening and closing. Honor says the mechanism is certified by TUV Rheinland for up to 400,000 bends, a lifespan of about 10 years if you open and bend it 10 times a day.
The 6.45-inch external OLED display in 21:9 ratio it has a maximum brightness of 1200 nits, which allows for excellent visibility even in direct sunlight, and a resolution of 2560×1080 pixels with a 120Hz refresh rate and supports HDR10+ and 100% screen coverage. DCI-P3 color space.
The internal OLED display has a diagonal of 7.9 inches, a maximum brightness of 800nits, 2K+ resolution and 90Hz refresh rate. This panel also supports the use of a stylus with a latency of only 2ms, HDR10+ and has 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space.
The processor is a Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 and the battery is 5000mah with 66W wired fast charging able to offer up to over 10 hours of use and a full charge in about 46 minutes. There is no wireless charging. Honor Magic Vs also integrates an independent security memory chip for greater hardware-level protection.
The photographic sector is characterized by a triple rear camera with 54 megapixel IMX800 main sensor flanked by an 8 megapixel telephoto lens with 3X optical zoom and a third 50 megapixel with ultra wide angle optics and 122 degree field of view. There are gods on both the internal and external displays 16 megapixel sensors.
Honor Magic Vs also offers a AI noise reduction system for audio and video calls and is based on Android 12 with Magic OS 7.0 interface. The audio is stereo with double symmetrical speaker and the fingerprint recognition sensor is placed laterally.
- internal: 7.9″ foldable OLED 2272×1984, 381ppi, refresh rate up to 90Hz, DCI-P3, HDR10+
- external: 6.45″ OLED 2560×1080, 431ppi, refresh rate up to 120Hz. DCI-P3, HDR10+
- platform mobile: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 with Adreno 730 GPU
- RAM: 12GB to 16GB
- internal: 256/512GB
- size: 160.3 x 72.6mm x 12.9mm (closed); 160.3mm x 141.5mm x 6.1mm (open)
- weight: 261g for vegan leather version and 267g. for the glass version
- os: MagicOS 7.0 (based on Android 12)
- audio: 2x stereo speakers, 24bit HDR 3-MIC stereo voice reception, DTS:X Ultra Algorithm
- connectivity: 5G dual SIM, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C, NFC
- front: 16MP, f/2.4
- 54MP main, f/1.9, 27mm eq.
- 50MP macro/ultra wide angle, f/2.0
- 8MP telephoto, f/2.4, 3x optical zoom
- battery: 5,000mAh, 66W SuperCharge wired charging
- safety: HTEE+QTEE double security, independent chip for maximum security for password and biometric data
- operating system: Android 12 with MagicOS 7.0
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
Honor Magic Vs will be sold in China at the price of:
- 7499 yuan (about 1,014 euros) for the version with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
- 7999 yuan (about 1,082 euros) for the version with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
- 8999 yuan (about 1,217 euros) for the version with 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage
- 10888 yuan (about 1,473 euros) for the Zhizhen Edition with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
All versions are available to pre-order in China today with deliveries starting November 30.
Honor Magic Vs will soon (probably early next year) also cross the Chinese bordersas stated by the CEO of Honor, George Zhao:
“Honor Magic VS will be our first foldable flagship to also debut in overseas markets and we are confident it will deliver huge advances, transforming the way people around the world use their smartphones”