honor-70-available-in-italy-specifications-price-and-preview/">Honor intervened at IFA 2022 to reiterate once again the intention to resume that virtuous path started by the Huawei ownership and which had been abruptly interrupted by the US ban. Now Honor, freed from the restrictions of the new ownership, is working to return influential on international markets after the dark times, for this reason a new interface and three new products arrive, Honor 70, Pad 8 and magicbook 14.
The tablet and smartphone are not absolute novelties, since they were already official in the domestic market. Elsewhere, however, they are unpublished, and Honor has decided to maximize its presence at IFA 2022 to ensure them the visibility they deserve abroad, to return to shine. “All three devices will arrive in selected European markets in the coming weeks”, says the company, including Italy.
- HONOR 70
- HONOR PAD 8
- HONOR MAGICBOOK 14 (INTEL)
- MAGICOS 7.0 AND SPATIAL AUDIO
In Berlin Honor announced the Dual Flagship strategy the one that will allow to double the offer at the top of the range, on the one hand the traditional smartphones and on the other those of the future, the foldable ones – the first, Magic V, has been official in China since January, but at this point it is It is possible that the strategy will materialize with the second generation.
HONOR 70, THE SMARTPHONE FOR VLOGGERS
Honor 70 it is the medium-high-end product that we have known for some time. The company has emphasized its propensity to vlogging thanks to some specific modalities such as the Only Cut, which allows you to highlight a specific person in a group thanks to the integrated technology of re-identification of the person, or the Dual Video Streamingwith which Honor 70 can record two videos simultaneously, one with a single subject and the other with the whole group.
Supported Turbo X GPU and OS Turbo X, that ensure performance and responsiveness when the smartphone is engaged in demanding tasks, such as video editing for vloggers on the go. Honor 70 will be available at pre-order from tomorrow and until 9 September, in green, black and silver. Two variants are available, both with 8 GB of RAM but one with 128 GB and the other with 256 GB of storage. This the list:
- Honor 70 8 + 128GB a 549.90 euros
- Honor 70 8 + 256GB a 599.90 euros
It will be available, as well as on the official website (which puts a 50 euro coupon on the plate), on Amazon, and in electronic chains, also in the Vodafone and WindTre stores.
HONOR 70, MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus, octa-core 6-nanometer CPU (1 Cortex-A78 2.5 GHz + 3 Cortex-A78 2.4 GHz + 4 Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz), Adreno 642L GPU, Honor GPU Turbo X
- display: 6.67-inch OLED, FHD + (2,400 x 1,080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate
- memory: 8 GB of RAM and 128 or 256 GB of storage
- main rear with 54 MP Sony IMX800 sensor, f / 1.9 aperture lens
- ultra wide rear + macro with 50 MP sensor, optics with f / 2.2 aperture, FoV 122 degrees
- 2 MP sensor with f / 2.4 optics for depth of field detection
- front: 32 MP, optics with f / 2.4 aperture
- connectivity: 5G, Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 6 a / b / g / n / ac / ax dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, NFC
- safety: fingerprint sensor integrated into the screen
- battery: 4,800 mAh with support for Honor SuperCharge 66 watts fast charging
- size and weight: 161.4 x 73.3 x 7.91 mm, 178 grams
- system Operating: Magic UI 6.1 interface based on Android 12
- colors: Midnight Black, Emerald Green, Crystal Silver
HONOR 70 5G Smartphone, 8 + 128 GB, 6.67 Inch 120 Hz Curved OLED Display, 54 MP Triple Rear Camera with Android 12, 4800 mAh Battery + 66W Fast Charging, Emerald Green
HONOR 70 5G Smartphone, 8 + 128 GB, 6.67 Inch 120 Hz Curved OLED Display, 54 MP Triple Rear Camera with Android 12, 4800 mAh Battery + 66W Fast Charging, Midnight Black
HONOR PAD 8, TABLET FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND PROFESSIONALS
Honor Pad 8 is a product designed to meet the needs of productivity and entertainment of students and young professionals. Large display, moreover compatible with Honor’s stylus, a metal frame and 8 system speakers, equally divided between speakers for high and low frequencies, complete with support for DTS: X Ultra.
Unfortunately the company has limited itself to anticipating that the tablet will arrive “soon” in Europe and Italy, but we still don’t know exactly when and at what price. The same indiscretion that in recent days had seen us long on the European price of Honor 70 provides for a price list close to 300 euros.
HONOR PAD 8, MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES
- display: 12-inch IPS LCD, resolution 2,000 x 1,200 pixels (density 195 pixels per inch), contrast 1,500: 1, typical brightness 350 nit, 87% scree to body ratio, Low Blue Light certification by TÜV Rheinland
- chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680, 2.4 GHz octa core
- memories: 4 or 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage
- cameras: 5 MP rear and 5 MP front, video in 1080p
- connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C
- audio: eight system speakers with 8.8 cm3 resonance chamber, Honor Histen systems and DTS: X Ultra
- battery: 7,250 mAh, charging at 22.5 watts (10 volts, 2.25 amps)
- interface user: Magic UI 6.1
- size And weight: 278.6 x 174.1 x 6.9 mm, 520 grams
- colors: Dawn Gold, Dawn Blue, Mint Green
HONOR MAGICBOOK 14 WITH VERY FAST RECHARGE
Honor MagicBook 14 integrates for the first time ever the OS Turbo technology that the company has developed to make the system more agile, even and above all in the long term, when the machines tend to slow down. In short, this should not be the case with MagicBook 14, which comes with a technical advantage over its predecessor: promise “significant improvements in battery life and a better energy efficiency up to 20.8%“.
MagicBook 14 (which in the AMD version was already available in Italy) is powered by a processor Intel Core i5-12500H 12th generation and is configurable with a dedicated graphics card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 (standard there is the classic Intel Xe). The 75 Wh battery (the AMD variant has a 56 Wh one) offers up to 17 hours of standby time and supports fast charging which in 15 minutes it allows you to touch the 3.5 hours of autonomy thanks to the included 135 watt SuperCharger charger.
Also in this case, as for Pad 8, we do not know when and at what price the Honor MagicBook 14 in the Intel version will be available for purchase. The company merely said that will come “soon” in Space Gray color. Recall that the AMD variant was launched in Italy with prices starting from 749.90 euros.
HONOR MAGICOS 7.0 AND SPATIAL AUDIO
Some information on MagicOS 7.0a new multi-platform and multi-device operating system based on Android and operating systems for PC and IoT, therefore “devices with different operating systems will be able to connect to MagicOS devices at system level”.
In addition to the user interface changes, MagicOS 7.0 will allow users to control an Honor laptop, smartphone and tablet using a single keyboard and mouse. So you can drag files from one device to another without any interruption and type texts on your smartphone or tablet with the laptop keyboard. MagicOS 7.0 will be officially announced in the fourth quarter of 2022.
The technology was presented alongside the new operating system Spatial Audio designed to allow the headphones to produce wide, cinematic 3D sound effects “that create the sense of immersion needed for next-generation AR and VR experiences”.
Spatial Audio from Honor delivers surround sound and 3D audio through the headphones, using the accelerometer and gyroscopes of the earphones to track the movement of the user’s head. Thanks to the algorithm, it is possible to simulate the changes of the sound in its path from the source to the ear of the listener. Effects include locating sound sources above, below, behind and in front of the listener.