Microsoft continues to improve the capabilities that reach the development channels of its Edge browser. The Canary, Dev and Beta Channels evolve and now they are the last two, the ones that receive interesting news, changes that then have to reach the stable version.
In the case of the Beta version, it receives, among other improvements, the possibility of creating vertical tabs that we saw a few days ago in Canary. Their arrival in the Beta Channel means that there is very little left for them to reach the stable version. For its part, Dev Channel receives version 91 after passing through the Canary Channel.
Vertical tabs and more
In the case of Edge in the Beta Channel, this is updated to version 90.0.818.8, so that those who make use of it can access the creation of vertical tabs to optimize browsing space.
It is the highlight, but also improvements come when working with PDF files, an optimization of the favorites and history section, the ability to sort collections or the arrival of Kids Mode in the profile selector, so that parents can create a list of allowed sites as well as personalized themes.
For its part, the Dev Channel already receives version 91, leaving version 90 aside, which goes to the Beta Channel. A jump that allows that Wikipedia pages can now be read in Immersive Reader with built-in table of contents support. In this release, users can now generate passwords on demand from the context menu. This is the list of full enhancements:
- Fixed a bug that prevented Edge not launching on devices that they had certain VMware software installed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Edge to start with a new profile if the shortcut used to start it does not specify which profile to use.
- Fixed a bug in Linux which prevented website push notifications from working.
- Fixed an issue where smooth scrolling would not work on certain devices.
- Fixed an issue where Smart Copy sometimes doesn’t copy all content selected if part of the selected area is scrolled off the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcuts for switching tabs in kiosk mode would sometimes not work.
- Fixed an issue where the web widget taskbar icon window title was blank.
- Fixed an issue where certain buttons on the Web Widget were sometimes not visible.
Via | ONMSFT