The summer season can increase the incidence of foot infections, such as plantar papilloma and fungi. The greater frequency and intensity of these annoyances mainly affects adolescents and people with low defenses, due to the greater direct contact that occurs in humid places with an influx of population.
To avoid the appearance of these unsightly and painful marks on the feet, it is recommended not to go barefoot. In places where there is greater exposure, such as public swimming pools and common showers in places such as gyms, it is advisable to use flip-flops and latex socks.
What are the most common foot infections in hot months?
Are you a regular at swimming pools? Do you usually shower at the gym? Do you share common areas with high humidity where you normally walk barefoot?
If any of these situations are familiar to you, you should take extreme precautions, hygiene and hydration to avoid the appearance of plantar papilloma and fungi, among other infections.
The most frequent foot infections in summer are usually plantar papillomas and fungi. Plantar papillomas are caused by the human papillomavirus, HPV. This virus is usually of the benign tumor type and enters the body through the cells that cover the surface of the skin, making it highly contagious. However, according to specialists, it has an incubation period and in the foot it usually appears between 6 and 18 months after infection.
Fungi, meanwhile, are the cause of so-called athlete’s foot, the most common in summer. This fungal infection begins between the toes and usually occurs in people whose feet are heavily sweaty when they are enclosed in tight-fitting shoes. The signs and symptoms of athlete’s foot are a rash that can cause scaling and that generally causes scaling, stinging and burning.
How to treat foot infections?
If you are diabetic or do not experience any improvement after weeks of self-treatment, it is advisable to consult your doctor.
In general, these types of injuries disappear within a few weeks, and except for discomfort when walking, they do not usually present major complications.
In dosfarma.com You have a wide selection of specific products for the hygiene and treatment of the feet, including pedicures. Within the space dedicated to Hygiene you will find the Feet category in order to provide them with all the care they need.
- Healthy feet require specific products and treatments. To eliminate hardness and exfoliate dry skin, you can use the effective electronic file Velvet Smooth Diamond Crystals.
- Hydration is essential to avoid cracks and irritations that can lead to more serious problems. Among the most effective formulas are: Neutrogena Immediate Absorption Cream Duplo 2x100ml and Tractopon 15% Urea Cracks Cream 300 ml.
- Excessive foot sweating can cause odor and irritation. To treat it, the Funsol brand offers a savings pack consisting of a powder solution plus a spray.
- For specific problems such as nail fungus there are also specific formulas. Scholl Anti-fungal Nail Treatment is one of them. Thanks to its formula, it eliminates up to 99.9% of the fungi that appear on the nails, also preventing their reappearance.
- And if your problem is athlete’s foot, include Scholl Athlete’s Foot Kit Pencil and Spray in your care routine. Complete treatment that helps prevent recurrence and stop athlete’s foot itch.
Simple gestures as complementary measures
The best tips for preventing foot infections are as follows:
- Keep nails short, dry and clean.
- Wear flip-flops or specific footwear when getting out of the water. Avoid walking barefoot.
- Do not share shoes or towels.
- Dry the sweat frequently to avoid moisture on the skin.
- Apply moisturizer regularly on the feet. The dryness of the skin facilitates the proliferation of fungi.
- Use as much as possible socks and footwear made of natural and never synthetic fabrics to promote perspiration.