Taking good care of your feet is important. Although sometimes we do not think about it, a pedicure or cutting nails incorrectly can lead to problems that depending on each case can even make it difficult for us to walk. Therefore, we are going to discover what are the most common mistakes in a homemade pedicure.
Prepare your feet at home for the summer
Summer is the time when we bring our feet to light and they have to be perfect. After many months covered and warm, the most likely thing is that you have neglected them. The time has come to give them optimal care so that they look flawless. By following these tips you can get your feet groomed this summer:
- Use cold water to wash them and be sure to wipe them afterwards, until they are completely dry.
- Keep them hydrated.
- To remove calluses, exfoliate before you shower.
- Once a week, soak your feet in warm soapy water.
- Talcum powder is a great solution to fight chafing and blisters.
- To show off beautiful and envied feet, you also have to take care of your nails. Cut them, file them and correct them whenever necessary.
- If you have the option of walking along the shore of the beach, do it daily. It stimulates blood circulation, shapes the soles of the feet correctly and allows the sand to act as an exfoliator.
What are the most common mistakes in a homemade pedicure?
Surely many of you do the pedicure at home to make it cheaper, as well as fun. But most make mistakes that can cause your nails to break down and not look the way they should. These are the most common mistakes in a homemade pedicure:
- Cut the cuticles. Starting from the fact that the cuticles are that part of the skin that is mounted on the surface of the nail and serves to protect from possible infections of these, we must know that we never have to cut them. It is advisable to always keep them very hydrated to avoid “hangnails” on the sides of the nails.
- Using unsuitable or poor quality files. Filing our nails will be the previous step to our manicure, with which we must do it well. We must choose the right file for each type of nail to avoid damaging them.
- Not maintaining proper nail cleaning. On clean nails, the polish adheres better, and the result will therefore be much more beautiful.
- Do not apply nail hardener. Both to improve the appearance of the nails and to harden them and make them stronger, it is advisable to use nail hardener.
- Do not wait for the enamel to dry. This step is the most important so that they are visually beautiful. If we don’t wait long enough for our manicure to dry, everything we’ve done is useless.
A perfect pedicure at home is now possible
Avoid the most common mistakes in a pedicure at home using this selection of products:
- Mavala Removes Cuticles. Thanks to this product, you will be able to control the appearance of your nails and keep them in the state you want so much, without affecting their structure.
- IOOX Nail Hardening Lacquer. When applied on the nails, it masks any color imperfections, leaving a resplendent shine when drying and protecting the nail against wear or abrasion.
- Scholl Lima Double Action. A file from the renowned Scholl brand with which we can effectively and definitively exfoliate dry skin on the feet.
- Weleda Skin Food SOS Repair Cream. An intensive repairing cream for dry, cracked or irritated skin. With vegetable oils, it nourishes and repairs the skin of the hands, feet, elbows and lips.