ASUS announced the ROG Phone 6D in September as an alternative option to the ROG Phone 6, replacing its Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor with a Dimensity 9000 Plus that, in benchmark tests, proved even more powerful. This Monday (03), we found a clue that could suggest the launch of the gamer cell phone in Europe.
As discovered by Richard of the Gcam Europe portal, a certification of the international model of the ROG Phone 6D — identified by the model number “ASUS_AI2203_D” — displays the seal of the National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel)a regulatory body that gives the green light to launches of electronic products in the Europeian market.
The certification is described in Japanese and reiterates that the ASUS_AI2203_D model supports 65 watt fast charging. For now, there is no information about the availability or approval process of the cell phone in the country.
Interestingly, ASUS has not even announced the Zenfone 9 in Europe. Although the model was launched more than three months ago, the manufacturer has not yet requested the approval of the device in the national body and has not shown signs that it intends to launch the model in the country.
ROG Phone 6D is equipped with a 6.78-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2448 pixels) with a refresh rate of 165 Hz. There is a front camera on the top edge with 12 MP resolution. At the rear, the triple camera array is represented by the 50 MP main sensor, 13 MP ultrawide and 5 MP macro.
With Dimensity 9000 Plus, the device delivers 16 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage to store the main games available on the Play Store. To power this hardware is a powerful 6,000mAh battery. The smartphone includes customizable triggers, RGB lighting, Bluetooth 5.2 and NFC.
- 6.78-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution
- Display with 165 Hz refresh rate and 720 Hz touch sampling
- Illuminated rear logo (RGB)
- MediaTek’s Dimensity 9000 Plus Platform
- 16 GB of RAM
- 256 GB of internal storage
- 12 MP front camera (Sony IMX663)
- Three rear cameras
- Main sensor with 50 MP sensor (Sony IMX766)
- Ultrawide sensor with 13 MP sensor
- Macro sensor with 5 MP sensor
- 5G connection, dual-band WiFi, stereo sound, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Dual-SIM, P2 and IPX4 port
- 6,000mAh battery with 65W fast charging
- Dimensions: 173 x 77 x 10.3 mm
- Android 12 running under ROG UI
- The Asus ROG Phone 6D is not yet available in Europeian stores. To be notified when it arrives click here.
- The Asus ROG Phone 5s is available from Magazine Luiza for BRL 3,869. The cost-benefit is medium but this is the best model in this price range.
- The Asus ROG Phone 5 is available from Carrefour for BRL 4,865 and on Amazon for BRL 5,799. The cost-benefit is medium but this is the best model in this price range.